Friday 24 February 2017

Lip Monthly January 2017

+Lip Monthly 

"Lip Monthly's monthly bags are bigger and better than ever. Now you get all full-sized products in your make-up bag. Every month we’ll send you a unique bag straight to your door and help you discover the best Lip Glosses, Lip Sticks, Lip Balms, Lip Stains and much more. In addition, we've partnered with niche brands to big brands all around the world to deliver you 4-5 deluxe products every month."


Cost:  $10 Month (US)
1st Month is 50% off

Shipping: Free (US), $3.99 (Canada & UK), $4.99 (Spain & Australia)


What I received:

1.  Lord & Berry Crayon: $10.00
2.  Jelly Pong Pong Lipgloss: $19.95
3.  Manna Kadar Lipstick: $21.00
4. Hola Neon Liquid Lipstick: $17.00

Total Retail Value: $67.95


When I first heard about Lip Monthly's subscription service, I was so excited because I'm not a huge fan of makeup products.   Don't get me wrong I do enjoy my ipsy & TopBox subscription boxes, but I'm always the most excited to receive lip products.  Now upon hearing about Lip Monthly, I went on a search of what people had to say about the company/products.  Not going to lie.  A lot of people were saying negative things.  Whether it being poor customer service, being charged and not receiving their bags, being over charged, dried out products, it's a scam etc..  So I was very nervous on whether I should give this company a go.  But it was all lip products and it got the better of me and I signed up.


Did I have any problems? Well yes and no.  Lip Monthly apparently just launched a new website and they were still working on some glitches.  Their customize feature wasn't working (was fixed), you couldn't update or remove any of your account information.  I just want to give this a one month try, so was I was charged for the month, I tried to go in to my account and delete/unsubscribe everything.  It wouldn't let me.  Was kind of freaked out/angry at this because of all the negative reviews people had said prior, I was thinking "crap I got screwed".  I then tried to contact customer service to have them cancel my account asap.  Here is where I ran into issues.  I tried contacting them on all platforms I couldn't possible try tracking them down.  Email, Facebook, Instagram.  No response.  And I wasn't the only one.
At this point Im thinking "Yep, you got screwed".  I kept an eye on my banking info., and thankfully everything was ok.  About a week later, I finally heard back (through) email that my account had been cancelled and January's bag would be my 1st & only.


Would I recommend Lip Monthly?  I had no major issues with them.  Just the whole communications thing.  Products received were great.  Shipping arrived a little late but I'm in Canada, so that's too be expected.  I would love to sign up again but honestly, I still feel (at this point) it's a toss up because of their website issues.  Those issues may even be fixed at this point but the experience was just a little too sketchy for me. 

For more information:

#lipmonthly #subscriptionbox

Disclaimer: These posts are my own honest opinion & I was not paid by anyone to provide them. Occasionally, I do receive free samples and I am asked to make a review, in exchange.  If this is the case, I will state.
Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment