Sunday 28 May 2017

ARBONNE: Rescue & Renew Line - Spring 2017

ARBONNE
"Botanically Based Beauty, Health & Wellness"

Rescue & Renew:
"Inspired by ancient Ayurvedic spa practices, this holistic approach to wellness focuses on the body’s flow of energy for the ultimate in self-care. The ritual and products combined help detoxify the body by cleansing the skin’s surface of impurities while also protecting the skin’s moisture barrier. Bid adieu to your old self and greet the new you with a reinvigorated appreciation for mind, body and soul."

Arbonne: Rescue & Renew

Firstly I like to start by saying: Thank You, to my friend Meagan @meaganpsb, for thinking of me when she received the new Arbonne Rescue & Renew, line.  

Meagan, offered me these products to try for free in exchange for my opinions/review.  If your like me, you probably heard the name Arbonne, and that was pretty much it.  Arbonne, is much more than cosmetic products.  It's also Skincare, Bath & Body (duh 😊), & Nutrition products as well.  

But as the title of this post & picture show, I will giving my review and ranking of the 7 products in the new Spring 2017 Rescue & Renew line.

***

Now the price of some of these products are a bit on the crazy side but if you have the means and you are wondering what you should take a chance on trying.  Then here are my thoughts.

***

Overall, I have to say that I have two favourites, four their "ok", and one I just wasn't a fan and couldn't get onboard with.  

Below, I will rank my favourite to least favourite.  Giving a description, opinion, and price information on each of the items I received. 

***

#1.  Detox Scrub:

"Reveal something beautiful. Gently slough away dry, dead surface skin cells and impurities and cleanse pores of excess oil to reveal radiant, brighter-looking skin. Contains coriander seed oil and avocado oil to support the skin’s natural moisture barrier. Net wt. 16 fl. oz./ 453 g"

I have to say that I really liked this.  It does what you would expect a scrub to do.  Leaves your skin feeling super smooth.  The salt that is used is coarse and doesn't disappear immediately after applying.  The smell, which is a cross between grapefruit & citrus is definitely noticeable but it's not so over powering that you can't use the product.   The only bad thing/warning I have with this is if you have any knicks or cuts on your skin (from shaving etc..), if you get this scrub on that area it will sting.  And your first reaction to that stinging is to wash/splash it with water.  Don't.  Well.  Try not to.  Adding water afterwards is WORSE.  Lol.  It goes away obviously but ye be warned mattey.  LOL.  Don't ask.  Maybe I have Pirates of the Caribbean on my mind.  Or maybe it's Johnny Depp πŸ˜‰....... Anyways.

Price: $65.00
More Info.: Arbonne Detox Scrub

Would I go out and buy this?  Honestly.  No.  Not because this product was bad.  Just like I mentioned above.  Some of these (well most of) products are expensive and there are other options our there for much less that do just as well.  Are those products using the same ingredients/technology/science as what Arbonne, is stating?  Who knows.  But if I had the means to.. Yay, for sure because you do seem to get a lot of product which will last quite awhile.  So if you look at it in that perspective. Then bingo.  I'm try to justify it :)     


#2.  Detox Gelee:

"A fresh way to cool down. This cooling gel can be rubbed on to help soothe tired muscles, as well as provide hydration for soft, smooth-looking skin thanks to green algae. Juniper berry fruit oil helps replenish the skin’s natural moisture barrier, as aromatic lavender and tangerine peel oils promote a sense of balance and peace. Net wt. 12 fl. oz./ 354 ml"

Between the Scrub & this Gelee, they were pretty close in ranking.  I found this product to do exactly what it's suppose to when it comes to, "A fresh way to cool down". No matter when you apply this, its cool and freshening.  I've been using this pretty much everyday.  It was great after spending a day out in the sun.  It reminds me a lot of Aloe Vera After Sun Green Gel.  No need to put it in the fridge.  Though, you may want to try that for an extreme chill.  

A little of this product goes a long way.  The consistence of this is not quite a gel and not quite a lotion.  It's somewhere's in between.  It kind of jiggles a bit like Jello. Haha.   It goes on, blends out, and dries down fairly quickly.  Leaving your skin feeling moisturized "for a short" period of time and this may be a downfall as well for some, but it also leaves your feeling like your have a barrier on your skin.  If that makes any sense.  I've been also using this on my face, whether or not your "suppose" to or not (face is part of my body πŸ˜‰), and I find after applying this, it feels like a have a mask on.  Now, I usually just put this on before bed so the "barrier" feel doesn't bother me.  

Also I mentioned above it leaves your skin feeling moisturized for a short amount of time.  After a few minutes, I still have that cooling/refreshing feel going on but my skin feels like it has soaked it all up and needs something a bit more.  So what I have been doing is applying my lotion first, then applying this on top and it seems to help.

Price:  $75.00
More Info.:  Arbonne Detox Gelee


#3.  Detox Face Mask:

"See the difference. This creamy French pink clay formula cleanses to draw out impurities from the skin’s surface like a magnet, resulting in smaller-looking pores. Utilizing an oil-pulling technology with 5 self-neutralizing acids to help clarify and brighten skin’s appearance, the mask transitions from wet to dry to visibly show where excess sebum is drawn out. Balanced out with hydrating rosemary oil so your skin is never stripped of moisture, you’ll see this is a true performer. Net wt. 5 fl. oz./ 150 ml"


Firstly, I like the packaging that this mask, the wash & lotion come in.  Maybe its just me but the tubes come with a top that you open and close by twisting open and shut the cap.  Bad description I know but to me it's fancy and worth mentioning.  The only draw back with this packaging (of course I had to find some flaw) is once these products start to get used up you really have to work at getting the product to come out.  I sometimes have problems with my wrists (so this could again just be me) and I find it a bothersome/pain to use.

The mask itself is clay (brown) paste texture.  When applying this your have to work quickly.  Once it touches your skin, it doesn't move around/blend well. Something to keep in mind if you use this product.  Also when you have it on you kind of look like an Oompa Loompa (if your pale like me) or Mr. Trump, if you seen my Instagram, post lately.  It dries really quickly.  States "after 15 minutes, or once mask appears dry, to wash off..".  Well for me it is fully dried between 5 - 8 minutes.  Does that really matter? I don't think so just pointing out what I found.  After washing the mask off you face it does feel very smooth and polished.  It does however leave your skin feeling tight, so moisturizer afterwards is a must. But that's like any face mask, I find.  It says it helps in reducing the look of pores.  I can't really give an opinion on this because I don't really have large pores to begin with.  I have sensitive skin though, and this didn't seem to irritate it.  No breakouts ✓ 

Price:  $57.00
More Info.:  Detox Face Mask


#4.  Detox Oil:

"Soak up every drop of goodness. This superbly hydrating oil contains grape seed oil to support collagen and skin firmness, plus sesame seed oil that moisturizes to help dimpled skin appear smooth. Perfect for a relaxing massage or just some extra-nourishing TLC. Relaxing to the very last drop. Net wt. 6.7 fl. oz./ 200 ml"

This Detox Oil and the next product Detox Bath Soak, are neck and neck in this ranking of mine.  I literally just chose the product that I found to be more "unique", to be my number 4 product.  It could of gone either way.

If your like me and you see any brand of oil as a body/face product, I tend to look the other way.  Only because I never seem to have much luck with these type of products.  Either they are too drying, they break me out, they don't do what they claim to do etc..  

The directions say to "apply directly to the skin or hands and then message in. Absorbs best when skin is slightly damp after bathing".  This is what I did. I applied the oil just basically to my legs & arms after bathing and find it to be quite nice & refreshing.  Has a nice, radiant glow to it.  Didn't leave my arms or legs feeling dry.  My hands though, were very dry.  Again, like mentioned above, this could very well just be me.  I have dry hands that no matter what I use they soak everything up.  Back to the oil.  It has a very botanical smell to it.  Pleasant and not too over powering.  It also seems to linger on your body for quite sometime.  Well into the next day at least.  Which is fine by me.  

Price:  $65.00
More Info.:  Detox Oil


#5.  Detox Bath Soak:

"Take time to release your stress and soak in all the goodness of a warm bath. Quick-dissolving sea salt crystals help remove surface impurities and cleanse the skin, while turmeric root extract helps boost radiance. Emerge from your bath with smoother, softer skin, all ready for replenishment. Net wt. 16 fl. oz./ 453 g"

This Bath Soak, could of easily been number 4 on the list but like I said.  I had to choose one over the other and the Oil won the luck #4 spot.  

Is this soak anything OMG spectacular?  No.  But it did win me over with one aspect.  It allowed me to enjoy my bath a little longer.  What I mean by that is, after a short amount of time soaking in the tub, my hands usually start to look like raisins pretty quick, but with this soak, I found I could enjoy my bath much longer and not come out looking like a prune.  The smell is nice and relaxing, the crystals do dissolve quickly and again like I said it doesn't dry your skin out at all.  In combination with this and then the oil when you step out, works very well and you feel like you been to a spa & pampered a bit.  Which we all need every once and awhile.

Price:  $49.00
More Info.:  Detox Bath Soak 


#6.  Detox Lotion:

"A thirst-quencher for your skin. Anise seed oil in this creamy lotion helps improve the appearance of dull, tired-looking skin while vitamin B5 helps it look soft and smooth. Light in texture but deeply hydrating with the help of shea butter, you’ll soon be saying goodbye to dry patches. Net wt. 8 fl. oz./ 237 ml"


This lotion could have easily been tied for last with the next product but I did find one good use.  This again comes in the packaging with the twist and close cap (fancy, fancy which was mentioned with the Detox Mask).  It also has a very "light" botanical scent, compared to the other products in this line.  Unfortunately with this lotion I found it to be very drying on the body.  Especially my hands.  When you first apply, you think this is great.  Smells good, and your skin feels moisturized but within a few minutes, I found you needed to reapply.  So kind of defeats the purpose for me so I would just go with something else.  

Now.  Like I said before, I did find one good use for this.  What I found it worked wonders on was when I applied this lotion to my feet, put socks right afterwards and went to bed for the night.  The next morning my feet were noticeable smoother & softer.  So if you do have this or decide to give it a go, be sure to try it on your feet.  Hopefully, your feet will have the results I got.

Price:  $46.00
More Info.:  Detox Lotion


#7.  Detox Wash: 

"Transport yourself to your happy place with this invigorating body cleanser infused with aromatic grapefruit and orange essential oils. Skin conditioning agents — alfalfa and chicory root extracts — help improve the look of skin tone with every wash. Transform the look of your skin from lackluster to luminous with an amazingly hydrated, silky-soft feel. Net wt. 8 fl. oz./ 237 ml"

Now this Detox Wash, I had high hopes for but sadly it has ended at the bottom of my ranking of these Rescue & Renew, products.  It does come in the fancy twist cap tube (like the Detox Mask & Lotion), but that is really the only good thing I have to say about this. 😞  When you first twist open the cap to get a smell (we all do it before using a body wash right?), you think ok this isn't too bad.  You kind of get a citrus vibe from it.  BUT.  I found once you use it and you get the full "effect", it has a scent to it that just seems off to me.  It does remind of a certain smell.  A smell, I don't really want to say because it will definitely deter people away and it could very well just be me and it could just very well be this one tube.  Who knows.  So I'm not gonna say. πŸ˜›  But I said I would give these products a go putting the scent aside, I still gave this a good shot but I also found it didn't lather enough for my liking.  Your skin does feel nice, and clean after using it but I really couldn't get over the smell.  So with that being said.  It's a pass and the reason why I have made it the last on my little list.

Price:  $41.00
More Info.:  Detox Wash

***

Arbonne:  Detox Lotion, Mask, & Wash
Arbonne:  Detox Oil, Scrub, Soak, & Gelee
Arbonne: Rescue & Renew - Spring 2017 Line


***

A Few End Notes:
  • Total cost:  $398.00
  • If your going to take the plunge, I'd try the Detox Scrub & Detox Gelee. 
  • Would have like to seen the product benefits/claims on the actual product/packaging itself, and not having to read it online.
  • For more information on Arbonne visit their website .
  • #arbonne #rescueandrenew 



Thank you for reading.  THANK YOU Meg, for allowing me to give these products a go. πŸ’œ

Please Like, Share, Subscribe, & Follow Me.
(If you like 😊)


Disclaimer:  These posts are my own honest opinion & I was not paid by anyone to provide them. Occasionally, I do receive free samples and I am asked to make a review, in exchange.  If this is the case, I will state.  P.S.  I'm definitely no expert.  I'm definitely not an english major.  So please don't expect perfection.  I post for fun, in my own share time.
Thank you.πŸ’œ





No comments:

Post a Comment